Kehillah Sunday Soccer League is a coed, instructional, soccer league that warmly welcomes children from pre-K through 9th grade. Additionally, there are special-needs teams for children with physical or emotional challenges. Need-based scholarships are available. Practices and games are held on Sundays at the Mandell Campus in Elkins Park, on Old York Road between Ashbourne Road and Melrose Avenue. Our coaches are EPYSA-trained.
We are a volunteer league:
- We have a co-op model for adults to choose to pay more or volunteer and then pay less.
- We welcome everyone and teach sportspersonship and respect for every person.
- We do not play on Jewish Holidays (but, we do play on Eruv holidays).
- We only have sessions on Sundays.
- We don’t turn anyone away for lack of funds.
- We have a dedicated special needs team for players 9 years of age and above.
- We allow players with learning differences to join our other teams after discussion with the head of coaches.
- We collect used soccer supplies to distribute to anyone that makes a request.
- We play on fields not treated with harmful chemicals.
- We do not teach or allow heading of the ball.
- We ask all of our coaching staff to complete the PA criminal record and child abuse checks, as well as the CDC, heads up concussion training.
- We offer a coaches training course through Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer (EPYSA) in August or September.
- We provide coaching support for our coaches if they make a request.
- We are a 501c3 non-profit